Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Computer controller

I'm buying a SkyMax-127 SupaTrak AUTO (f/1500) 5 inch (127mm) Motorised Maksutov–Cassegrain with Auto–tracking, and was wondering about buying a computer control pad for it at a later date. Is there one available for this system or would I be better of getting the Ursa Minor SkyTOur software with plug in adapter?

Does anyone have any experience of the Ursa Majour software? Is it any good and does anyone know of a UK supplier?

Thanks for the reply, I have already purchased the scope so no going back now!! It does state on the website for the Skytour software that it can connect to auto-tracking mounts so this may be the only option then.

Has anyone got any experiece of the Ursa Minor software and the adapters for connecting the scope to a laptop?

I've just had a quick google and there is a thread on the Sky at Night forum about this and it does seem to work!

Thats interesting - I have to say that my reply was based on the assumption that you were interested in an "off the shelf" upgrade to GOTO rather than a DIY approach.

Good luck if you decide to try it !.

John

I would like to see if the skytour software works first before trying my hand at some DIY! It does seem to say that it will work on their website but was hoping that maybe someone here might have had some previous experience with the software and could give their opinion on if it will work or not.

Archived