Nebulosity or Light Pollution?

AstroRuz

Hey everyone

Here's a WIP of a HOO Bubble Nebula. I see this large gradient in the bottom right. I've had a look at some reference images but I'm undecided whether that's light pollution/light leakage or is actually supposed to be there? I could see it clearly in Lum images but less so in 10 minute 7nm Ha/OIII images.

There is a street light that was close by, but to my knowledge wasn't shining directly into the OTA, and also whenever I've seen light pollution gradients especially on telescope focal lengths it's just a totally even gradient through the whole image.
So do you think that's light leak/pollution or nebulosity?

ZWO ASI 183mm Pro, SW 80ED + reducer, Optolong Ha & OIII filters

Any thoughts are kindly appreciated!
Thanks

Light leak.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geeklee said:

Hi @AstroRuz I believe it's Sh2-161.  Here's a crop of a raw 5hr Ha integration I did last year (and rotated to match your image).  Hopefully that's the area you mean?

image.png.90ba9802bc85a1456e012b23cd940cd3.png

image.png.37ea4030f3f5a580bb7bc66b98616d5a.png

Hey mate thanks for the comparison! Yep it certainly looks like that nebula. Such a busy region! Nice image as well and thanks for clarifying for me

• Like 1