Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

At last a very small window of opportunity - 45 minutes on the M27 Dumbbell nebula with Skywatcher ED72 and Canon 7D

FaB-Bo-Peep

While the conditions were far from perfect and it was not too long before the inevitable clouds rolled in and stopped play, at long last I managed to do a bit more testing with my friends old Canon 7D camera. This image, (and the cropped version), are the result of around 45 minutes worth of data and while the clouds and lack of true darkness were trying to spoil my fun, at least all the equipment functioned flawlessly this time. I think the increase in mega pixels over my existing camera is definitely showing a visible improvement especially when zooming in and cropping, so I will be buying the 7D. 🙂
Equipment info: Skywatcher ED72, OVL field flattener, Optolong L-Pro filter on an EQ6-GT, all controlled from my ASI AIR Pro. Image stacked in DSS and processed, (with my very limited knowledge), In StarTools.

M27-DSS-STARTOOLS-GIMP-SHARPEN-JPEG.JPEG

M27-DSS-STARTOOLS-GIMP-SHARPEN-CROP-JPEG.JPEG

• Like 9