NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

William Optics Flat 61

It's the locking screw for the camera rotator at the front of the flattener. Rotate the flatter, with fixed camera attached, for your preferred image orientation. Then tighten the screw to lock it. 🙂

Alan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, symmetal said:

It's the locking screw for the camera rotator at the front of the flattener. Rotate the flatter, with fixed camera attached, for your preferred image orientation. Then tighten the screw to lock it. 🙂

Alan

Thanks Alan.

This assumes the flattener is screwed directly onto the focuser. If it's attached by a 2" nosepiece adapter you can of course rotate the nosepiece to rotate the camera instead.

The nylon grubscrews around the rotator are to set the rotator friction when the knurled screw is loosened, so it doesn't rotate on its own under gravity.

Alan

Edited by symmetal

19 hours ago, symmetal said:

This assumes the flattener is screwed directly onto the focuser. If it's attached by a 2" nosepiece adapter you can of course rotate the nosepiece to rotate the camera instead.

The nylon grubscrews around the rotator are to set the rotator friction when the knurled screw is loosened, so it doesn't rotate on its own under gravity.

Alan

Thanks Alan. I had to loosen the grubscrews slightly to get it to budge.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2021 at 17:14, symmetal said:

Alan

Omg are you serious?! I've been loosening the rings and rotating the whole telescope all this time...

59 minutes ago, Jay6879 said:

Omg are you serious?! I've been loosening the rings and rotating the whole telescope all this time...

'Fraid so Jay. 😀 I don't believe this feature is mentioned in the information with the flattener so don't feel so bad. Your method achieves the same result in the end. 😉

Alan

• Like 1