NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ3 Pro - Polar Scope Reticle set/grub screws

EQ3 Pro - Polar scope Reticle set/grub screws
I have been just fine tuning my polar scope reticle using the methods I've seen in various videos and blogs online (I'm almost there not quite 100% accurate yet) and have noticed some people have thumbscrews on the 3 reticle alignment screws and some have swapped out the tiny and awkward grub screws .  Does anyone know the size of these grub screws or indeed done the swap out themselves, which should make the process slightly less cack-handed.    I did read that some suggest M3 - 10mm but that was for a H/EQ5 so don't know if it's the same scope.

MTIA

3 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

I swapped and quickly swapped back as the thumbscrews were constantly being touched/knocked causing them to come loose....

Alan

That has actually crossed my mind, and did read that some felt the same way.  The fact that you have done it and gone back, kind of tipping my mind to not bothering.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VegasIII said:

That has actually crossed my mind, and did read that some felt the same way.  The fact that you have done it and gone back, kind of tipping my mind to not bothering.

My final solution was three allen keys held in place with a tiny bit of wax from a "babybel" and the heat from a lighter to release them once the reticule was set in position..

Alan

• Like 1

Head over to Amazon

19 hours ago, VegasIII said:

EQ3 Pro - Polar scope Reticle set/grub screws
I have been just fine tuning my polar scope reticle using the methods I've seen in various videos and blogs online (I'm almost there not quite 100% accurate yet) and have noticed some people have thumbscrews on the 3 reticle alignment screws and some have swapped out the tiny and awkward grub screws .  Does anyone know the size of these grub screws or indeed done the swap out themselves, which should make the process slightly less cack-handed.    I did read that some suggest M3 - 10mm but that was for a H/EQ5 so don't know if it's the same scope.

MTIA

Amazon sell M3-M6 ALLEN headed pointed end grub-screws,reasonably priced.Box contains allen keys.....

• Like 1

The fitted grub screws are M3x3 cone point (at least they are on my EQM35).  I found it difficult to precisely align the polar scope with those (they tend to 'dig' into the graticule housing) so I swapped them for M3x3 cup point A2 stainless steel grub screws.  They worked a treat and I've not had to adjust the polarscope since.

Edited by Seelive
New grub screws were cup point, not cone point
  • Like 1