Coma corrector upgrade 130pds

I’m looking at upgrading the standard skywatcher coma corrector for the said scope, I’ve been looking at ts optics max feild x0.95 coma corrector, has anyone got this corrector and does it perform any better than the standard skywatcher? Any info would be gladly received 

17 hours ago, Craig a said:

I’m looking at upgrading the standard skywatcher coma corrector for the said scope, I’ve been looking at ts optics max feild x0.95 coma corrector, has anyone got this corrector and does it perform any better than the standard skywatcher? Any info would be gladly received 

I had it and it was better in some ways and worse in others. 

Better: Lateral CA correction. 

Worse: AR coatings. 

The real answer is to go for a long barrel 4 element corrector or something like the ES coma corrector. 

But if you are having issues with star shape you may well be better off upgrading the focuser than messing about with different correctors. 

The above is a four panel mosaic, two with the Baader MPCC MK3 and the other two with the max field. Bonus points if you can identify which panels used which corrector. 

Adam 

Thanks for your reply, I take it you mean the explore scientific coma corrector?the focuser I have already changed as I bought a moonlite for my Quattro so the stock focuser on that went on the 130pds, it’s a much beefier focuser than the 130s stock. 
very nice image by the way, is the baader corrector the left of the image? I’ve got a 50/50 chance of getting it right 😁