Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Your opinion on this mount

Hi!

Recently I was granted with a chance of visiting the US via the exchange program and at the same time started looking for some travel options to mount my AT72ED on, visual only, when I came across this peculiar thing: https://a.aliexpress.com/_AOmjyH

I currently own the Vixen Porta II, but I believe it will be too heavy to fly it to US, so I plan on selling it to buy something smaller

So, what do you think of such mounts, particularly for small refractors? Maybe there are other better options? Or Porta is actually OK for travelling? Please, I need your opinion and advice!:)

P.S. it reminds me of UA Dwarf Star mount

Edited by astrochumak

• astrochumak changed the title to Your opinion on this mount

I think it will work for very light setups ánd as in your case for portability.  I dont think it will hold a longer scope or be usable with high magnifications.   A vixen porta 2 is also not my choice for a manual alt az but if i were you i would keep them both if possible.   When you return home from traveling your stuck with this tiny toy and sure going to miss the porta mount.  

• Like 1