NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A most remarkable night

Tim

Something funny is going on.

Dave (Centroid) sent a pm earlier and mentioned he had lovely clear skies. We had patchy to thick cloud, and the sat pics just showed it was gonna get worse. But when I looked with my own eyes :shock: it was pretty clear.

Maybe a good chance to have a look at the wonky alignment again. But then decided to try the TS OAG on the back of my WO72. This is proving to be a very nice performer.

I have been out now for three hours or so. Although I can see cloud to the right and left, not once has phd pinged about losing its star. The stars themselves, although the sky looks hazy to the eye, are not twinkling, and I can see most of the stars in the little dipper (unusual here). Even the pics seem to be coming through nicely, and I am taking some very faint fuzzies. I put in 25 as the number of 400sec subs, hoping to get maybe 5, and it is just starting the 25th. I cant believe it!

Dave, thanks for the heads up!!

Same here Tj , there was a bank of cloud over to the East but it didnt venture inland :(

I managed 2 hours on the HH (last chance this season) and then a hour or so on M81 , in all that time not one Sat trail or even a lost sub due to aircraft.

We had fog that made seeing out the windscreen hard never mind seeing the stars. :( Ahh well nights like that you can go to bed without conflicting emotions! "I'm knackered - but the stars are out." "The scope isn't cooled - you might not get another chance for a while"

Enjoy your clear patches,

Brian

Archived