Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Ever DSO Attempt - M13 Globular

Grant93

Hello everyone!

Not sure if this is the right section, didnt know if to post it in the sticky, but that seemed like it was for more experienced photographers posting their first.

Anyhow, was taken last night before the moon was up. Its a mix and match of different exposures of lights, since I was trying to work out how to use my shutter release cable whilst manually doing 30s Exposures (Amatuer remember? 😆) - Im not sure if this has effected it.

Since I would've been manually touching for the first few it some frames are different, I think its given the illusion of some of the stars being binarys, as a lot have a more dull companion below them, which shouldnt be there. But I've worked out how to set it now, and I might push the exposure lengths also as there doesnt seem to be any obvious star trailing that I can see, so Ill try 60 Seconds next time!

Equipment:

Canon Eos 800d

William Optics ZS61 (No flattener (yet))

IOptron Skyguider Pro (no guide camera).

Frames:

Lights 30s x 3  45s x 12  35s x 14 (Next time I will make them all the same on my Shutter release cable)

Darks 45s x 5

Bias 20 @ 1/4000 Shutter speed

Editted in GIMP - Won't be paying for any photo processing software until I get better at this.

Bonus moon pic taken a week or so before, first decent picture with the ZS61. (EDIT - Dont know why the moon picture is so dark until you click on it)

Both pictures a rather heavily cropped, as most of you can probably work that out yourselves.

ALL constructive feedback is welcome! 😃

Thank you!

Grant

1st Moon.png

M13 1st Cropped.png

Edited by Grant93
EDIT - Dont know why the moon picture is so dark until you click on it, also M13 is better quality when you click it, don't know if this is normal to the forum
  • Like 5