NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Suggestions for a small footprint shed that can be moved away from a pier?

Swoop1

I am making good progress on my permanant pier but now face the need to source a means of protecting my mount from the elements.

One candidate is a TeleGizm 365 cover but I have slight concerns around security if I decide to leave the scope mounted. My wife suggestd a box of some sort so we started to explore garden stores. The location of my pier and gardene asthetics preclude a larger observatory at the moment but, something akin to a sentry box/ the Tardis shed would work.

I am looking to source something flat packed as my skills are up to assembly but scratch building is beyond me. The produce needs to be either light enough to lift or adaptable so that I could perhaps tilt the whole unit back away from the pier akin to a Tracey Island palm tree or early rocket launch gantry.

The image shows the location where the pier is being installed. The form is 500 X 500mm. North is roughly in the direction of the lawn chair. If tilting I propose back towards the shrubbery behind.

DSC01691.JPG.c9cf75fdecab5154b34a038fe68dca99.JPG

Has anyone got something of a similar nature or suggestions of a product? Budget arount £150.

Thanks in anticipation.

Matt.

I have been working towards the permanent setup but as the plan is to move in the near future, I have created a temporary permanent setup. I bought the TG 365 cover and a small, cost effective, pop up gazebo with sides from wayfair (£77). It has stood the test of the recent weather (this weather is probably down to me, as since I have had it set up it's not stopped raining). I realise it's not what you are looking for but it may help short term. It's certainly light enough to just pick up and move out of the way.

I will be really interested in what you eventually find so post away when you source something. Enjoy

I have had further thoughts on this subject and, after the high winds of the last few days, I have decided to go the TeleGizmos 365 route.

A shed would be nice but would need too much groundwork in advance.

Hiplok do a range of zip tie type locks with a steel core so a couple of these, one through the gap between the OTA and the dovetail bar, a second through a hole in the adapter plate and join the two with a beefy cycle lock should secure the scope.