NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

adjustable dovetail

I am trying to adjust the alignment of my OTA to reduce the cone angle in the hope that I will get better goto performance without having to do a star alignment.  Does anybody know of a dovetail and / or ring space blocks that allow the necessary adjustment to be made with the scope sat on the mount.   Or is my only option to shim the rings and "wiggle" the position of the rings on the dovetail?  This latter would seem to be a bit of a pain requiring a lot of demounting and trial and error compared to being able to adjust a couple of screws while aligning the scope to a target that is centred in the polar scope.  I have had a look at a few dealers on the internet but cannot seem to see anything suitable

The Syywatcher dovetail bar that came with my Startravel scope had four screws apparently intended for adjusting the rings relative to the bar to correct for cone error.  I assune this is a very common arrangement.

I never tried using them, so I don't know how easy or difficult it might be to adjust them while the scope is mounted.

There is a saddle available thats used for mounts that can be loaded with 2 scopes.  The saddle can be adjusted/aligned with the primary saddle/scope.  in your case you can use that saddle as primary saddle and make the adjustments you described.   Im not sure where to buy it but i assume Rowan has or had this clamp for their AZ 100 mount

Edited by Robindonne