NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Astrozap FlexiHeat Dew Shield for c8 edge anyone have any comments please

Hi after a nightmare with dew was looking at these for my c8 edge anyone using one on there c8 edge and have any comments please,and does anyone know the length it sticks out beyond the scope thanks

I have the same model dewshield for my 10" LX200GPS, though I've only just got round to building the shed to keep it in so can't give a good answer yet as to how effective it is, though see no reason why it wouldn't be.

It draws around 1.2A current and gets quite warm so a dew controller circuit may be useful to limit the power.  The overall length is 38cm and the rear 5 or 6 cm should overlap the front of the scope to grip it. The only problem is any dovetail or mounting bar which attaches to the scope front mounting points will prevent the dew shield from sitting that far back on the scope. I only have 2.5cm overlap so the dew shield falls off if the scope is angled much below 45 degrees, unless you use some heavy duty sticky tape to hold it on. Or, as I have done, drill a hole through the shield near the top rear to attach a mounting bolt, and loop an elastic band around the bolt to a similar bolt sitting loosely in a spare mounting hole in the top mounting rail. 😀

Hope that's useful to you iwols. I expect the 8" version is scaled down equally in the dimensions. 🙂

Alan

Edited by symmetal
  • Like 1