NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC2244 after camera repair

centroid

Since getting the SXVF-H9C back from being repaired at SX, I've not been able to give it a test run, due to being blighted by cloud, or the Moon.

Tried it on NGC2244 a couple of nights ago, but it was pretty much 'washed out' by the Moon.

Tonight the sky cleared, and although the full Moon was well above the horizon, it wasn't overhead, as it was the other night. So, I gave NGC2244 another go. Why NGC2244 ?, its because I have some recent reference images of it, taken when the camera wasn't performing as it should.

Given that the sky was still fairly well lit by the Moon, and towards the end of the 10x600 sec subs, it way up in the sky, I think the result is a fair indication that the camera is now working somewhere near to where it should be.

Not an ideal test, given the moonlight, and the fact that there would have been some light loss through the IDAS filter, but I feel a lot happier with the camera now. :(

Hopefully, with the Moon out of the way, I can now aquire the sort of results I've been struggling to achieve, ever since buying the H9C camera.

Dave

post-13389-13387735495_thumb.jpg

for 100 minutes, having an SXV-H9C myself, that is a very credible image.... I know what you mean about the moon - I have been dodging it all night :(

The SXV I have came from Tommy Worton many years ago & it had a small resistor mod which has made it very responsive for the last 4 years....

I have almost exhausted OSC images - maybe a mono + narrowband is the next step...

Phil.

Archived