Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mount , North, S E and W

Hi all, probably a stupid question but one my brain refuses to compute. After struggling with the Synscan handset and star id on screen, I have followed advice and installed APT plate solve and EQMOD. After a bit of fiddling around all appears to work and looks much easier for me to understand . However  my brain refuses to confirm which way the mount should be slewing when using the Eqmod N S E W buttons. My apologies if this should be obvious, to me it isn't LOL. Could someone tell me, if I am facing the North with the mount in park i.e. ( as if polar aligned )the weight bar facing directly away from me, which way the mount should slew ?

Thanks

Paul.

Top and bottom moves declination and top probably clockwise. Left and right move right ascension with left moving eastwards and right westwards. Well I think that’s how mine moves but I’d have to be in front of it to be sure as I just press the other button if it doesn’t go the way I want.....

once you’re away from the “park” position you’ll see that thinking of them moving as n s e w no longer makes any sense anyway.