Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New setup advice

ronaldo999

Just about got my setup sorted for imaging but need a bit of advice. The kit is as follows

Celestron C6 XLT on cg5 Driven mount ( not goto )

Canon EOS 10D

I know i need a t adaptor and a t ring for the canon ( about £30 for both ) but would i need anything else to get started with some basic imaging and some deep sky stuff, maybe M42.

I understand a focal reducer would be needed in the long run but could i get away without using one initially?

Any advice welcome

Regards

Andy

whatever you need to connect your camera to the scope is really all you need. You do not have to wait for a clear night either, concentrate on getting good shots of some distant object such as a lampost or pylon. All the other bits such as reducers, filters and so on will help but are not needed to start. If light pollution is a bother an LPR filter will be a big help but nothing to stop you from having a go once the camera is fitted and focused.

Dennis

Archived