Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help - problems taking flats

Hi All,

Trying to get the hang of my camera (Altair 183 pro tec cooled) with the gain set at 410.  (Never had any problems with my DSLR in AV mode usually about 5 seconds per shot)
Im using Nina and an LED  tracing thingy. the flat wizard complains the source is to dim. Im now shooting two minutes manually and still signal is far left of histogram.

Any pointers / suggestions ?

settings2.jpg

flast.jpg

The flats settings in NINA can be a bit odd. Looking at the LED panel from the photo it does not look too dim. Try reducing the max exposure to something like 10 seconds and increase the minimum to 0.1. Also change the step size to 0.1. I am always getting 'to bright' warnings but I just tweak the values an it normally works. It is a software quirk. Also if you do flats in multi mode it on lets you do 50% of ADU regardless of the % you request.

No joy with my flats and subs are strange, 
(Rosette Neb, Single sub, levels + stretched)

I'm guessing the sensor had fogged up so I checked the scope (which had been unpacked and brought inside) there was condensation on both the sensor and flattener.  Wondering if a fogged sensor might be some of the flat problem  (My AA 183c Pro has a square sensor window - so I don't think it is heated :( )
will try slower cooling and see if this helps

single Sub stretched.jpg

Edited by Eddie Jones