NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Impressive ISS Transit of the Moon.

Geoff Barnes

I've just seen this on the SpaceWeather.com site and thought folks might like to see it too. 

Here's the text from the site followed by the video - watch to the end, very impressive....

"Everything went right," says astrophotographer Szabolcs Nagy of London, England. "I was filming the southern region of Moon when the International Space Station (ISS) flew by. The seeing was good, and the timing was perfect."

Nagy planned this event for more than two weeks. "I saw the forecast on Transit-Finder.com, and rented a car to drive to Chiswick where the transit would be visible. I was aiming for a spot where the ISS would just 'kiss' the Moon's southern limb."

When the gleaming structure of the space station appeared, racing along the Moon's cratered edge at the precise time and place he hoped for, Nagy cried out with joy. His reaction is documented in a Youtube video of the observing session.

"After the photpography was finished, I tried some unique editing, in which I focused on the Space Station as a fixed point and allowed the lunar surface to move in the background," explains Nagy. "This changes the whole perspective. I hope you like it just as much as I do" (We do.)

• Like 4