Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar image brightness on different devices issue

Hi,

I mostly do Lunar imaging. I currently use a Zwo asi224mc camera with a UV-IR cut filter.

My issue that I've just started seeing is a very large difference in the image brightness between an image viewed on my (new Moto) mobile phone and the same image viewed on my laptop.

I create the images on my laptop but when I subsequently examine the image on my mobile they are much darker. Other forum users viewing these images have commentated that the images are dark too - I can only speculate that they are looking at them on a mobile also.

Is there any solution to this?

Many thanks for any feedback.

Peter

Edited by Peter_D

Probably you have your laptop screen at a very high luminance?

Better to use histograms when trying to understand the image luminance instead of your screen, because you can be misled.

Usually, a histogram expanded to almost 80% of the full range should be light enough.

See the following photo for a histogram of a moon photo I shot yesterday (lower left corner). Compare  with the 'Auto Contrast' image, which expands the histogram to the limit (second image).

Hope this helps,

N.F.

Fullscreen capture 2632021 102552 μμ.jpg

Fullscreen capture 2632021 102910 μμ.jpg

Edited by nfotis
  • Thanks 1