Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

what do I realistically need?

I have now managed to fully confuse myself and the only positives are I've ordered "how to make every photon count" and "turn left at Orion".

I am interested in Astro photography as I already enjoy photography, so am looking for a setup that allows observing and imaging possibly one that Is a go-to and track.

Not sure if there's a go-to single answer  answer here?

I already have a Nikon d5100 and a D5500 but only lens that I guess would be ok are a 50mm f1.8, and possibly a Sigma 105mm f2.8 so would need to buy additional lens. So I was thinking of buying a telescope with what i would need to spend on lens!

Sorry for the waffle and thanks in advance.

Mods moveif I've postedinwrong section ?!

15 minutes ago, DaddyG said:

Not sure if there's a go-to single answer  answer here?

You can get great widefiields shots with just a tripod, DSLR and 50mm lens! Even the 105mm will work.

Likewise you can see a lot of the night sky with the naked eye... and more with a pair of binoculars.

I' wish I'd learned that before I bought my first scope.

Both those books have a lot of good info on that! My advice would be to see where you passion lies (AP or observing)and invest accordingly as an good beginner setup for each is quite different.

• Like 1