IC405 & IC410

Adreneline

Another attempt at blending RGB stars with an SHO image.

This time the stars were taken with an ASI294MC osc (10 x 120s) and the SHO with an ASI1600MM (20 x 180s of S, H & O) both on the RedCat.

6753659_IC405_SHORGB.thumb.jpg.a3f223e232cc4b18b962e58a891b8d39.jpg

The image is heavily cropped because the 294 sensor ended up at 90 degree to the 1600 when I mounted it on the EFW. OSC data taken through an L3 filter.

Interestingly the focus point (checked with a BM) was identical for the 294 and the 1600 when using the L3 filter.

As always C&C welcome.

Adrian

Edited by Adreneline
  • Like 6

• Adreneline changed the title to IC405 & IC410

That's nice Adrian and the stars have good colour without being overdone.  I'm usually not a fan of introducing broadband coloured stars to a false colour image but this works very well.

9 minutes ago, MartinB said:

That's nice Adrian and the stars have good colour without being overdone

Thank you Martin.

I've deliberated a lot about RGB stars in NB images but then I tend to think we use NB to reveal the nebula - we don't take NB images of star fields - does anyone take NB images of star fields? Having said that I'm not convinced myself about adding RGB stars to NB images. Having said that (and the previous "that"!) there also seems to me there is quite a lot of opposition to displaying NB images without stars even though the stars are far from being the right colour.

Um?

After all of those "that's" I tried not to over saturate the stars because I thought that would look completely false.

Tricky! Whatever it's fun to experiment and see what comes out.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Adrian