NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

More testing of the 200mm f/6 OTA

CraigT82

I managed to get a some more imaging done with my 200p dob tube last week, following on from first light on IC1805 the week before.

I shot Ha and O3 on the Rosette and combined as HOO Palette. 6x1200s Ha and 3x1200s O3. This shows some of the horizontal blooming effect of the 8300 sensor on the brighter stars, but I also shot some much shorter RGB frames, with the intention of uploading them to the HOYS project server, and they may also serve me further by being swapped into this image as substitute stars as they are nice and round. Not sure how to do that but it must be possible? 

After that I got 1hr Ha (3x1200s) data on IC434.  I messed up the framing on this one and inadvertently included Alnitak in frame which I've cropped out of this image. There is all sorts going on with the stars in this one: Guiding was terrible at well over 1" throughout the session, but I also think I've got some deformation of the primary which is likely because it is glued into it's cell. I will tackle this issue and hopefully get some more data on this target (Hb perhaps) before it retires for the year. Also I may have just really cackhandedly processed it as I'm still at the stage of just clicking things and seeing what happens. 

200mm f/6 skywatcher newt on EQ6, Atik 383L, Baader 7nm filters, ZWO EFW and OAG. No coma corrector.

20210226_204743.jpg

NGC2244_Rosette_NB-HOO.jpg

Horses_Head_Ha-2.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks Martin, very kind comment and much appreciated! I do have some more O3 collected waiting to go into it once I have received a new flat panel that's on order. I'm hoping this will allow me to vary the colour slightly and boost the blue.

Edited by CraigT82