NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PHD2 recalibrates after slew

I know it's important to recalibrate if you're setting up the mount each session but if it hasn't moved I've understood it as the calibration being good. But my last sessions I've been taking test images of targets with guiding and as soon as I want to slew to a new target and start guiding again then it wants to run calibration. This takes quite a bit of time from the session and can be frustrating.

I'm running PHD2 with Ekos if that matters. Any ideas how I can avoid this?

Hi

The settings are:

EKOS: always reset guide calibration.

PHD2: reuse calibration

Check/uncheck as you wish.

I'd recommend EKOS' internal guider however who's recent SEP-multistar implementation is both predictable and accurate; one fewer app to have to juggle.

Cheers

Edited by alacant
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, alacant said:

Hi

The settings are:

EKOS: always reset guide calibration.

PHD2: reuse calibration

Check/uncheck as you wish.

I'd recommend EKOS' internal guider however who's recent SEP-multistar implementation is both predictable and accurate; one fewer app to have to juggle.

Cheers

Got the latest kstars update and I'll be trying SEP multistar in my next session. I also found the option to reuse calibration. Thank you very much!