SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Help with test image on newly put together kit.

bilbo

Hi All

After having to dump my big obsy plans, I decided I would head down the EAA route. Last night I put some of it together for its first run through. Never used any of this kit or software before.

Everything worked pretty much perfectly from the start but sky conditions were not great and I had to point the scope north into the worst of the light pollution.  I had a "dabble" with sharpcap and saved an image. Today I decided to take a closer look and after playing around with basic brightness/contrast managed I noticed what looked like vignetting and some odd tadpole shaped stars (I'm assuming these are actually pixels). I've made this as bad as I could to highlight the effect.

Can you you guys take a look and share your thoughts.

Setup was NEQ6, Aligned with polemaster, Esprit 80 & flattener, Hypercam 183C (16mm diagonal) correctly spaced at 66mm from flattener, 55mm from spacer. Flattener has 48mm connection but a reducer to 42mm had  to be used.

cheers

Steve

PS I was tinkering around a lot, may well be my doing.

m81-2 Stack_16bits_14frames_420s.tif

Edited by bilbo