Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IT DEPENDS

Fedele

I state that I am a beginner of the webcam era and planetary shots

First experiments in planetary imaging and first personal considerations and discoveries, since not the time to read books and watch tutorials.

I wanted to experience the effects of staking a progressively greater number of Frames starting from a shot of the moon taken with the Mewlon 180c and an ASi 224. I will shortly provide the link on my YT channel.

The video is preliminarily treated with PIPP without activating the "Quality Options".

The video thus created is processed with Registax. it has the function of selecting the best frames of the entire video, placing them in descending order of quality and allowing us to decide how many frames to store. The sum of more frames should lower the S / N and offer higher resolution. Reading various books and seeing some video tutorials on YT, I have seen that many recommend tout court average a value of frames around 70/80%. well, in my case I saw that this DEPENDS and that it is good to experiment with various options without taking it for granted.

In fact, I made these videos, without motorization in the mount (eq5) with few seconds (2/5 s) recordings.

Applying a conventional stak of 80% of the frames, I noticed that, in addition to reducing the usable range of the image due to the blur, the final resulting image acquired a diaphanous aspect.

I then processed three different images with three different percentages of "Limit Setup" in registax, starting from the same previous video processed with PIPP, respectively 20%, 60%, 90% of the total frames.

This is the result. Ultimately it is a double-edged sword to be weighed carefully, because the benefit of a best (but still limited) S/N collides with a greater weight of the problems introduced such as vibrations, movement, etc.

Below the resulting images, and the registax Limit screens with the movements to compensate.

i'm learning...any observation is appreciated, if i'm wrong

Immagine.png

20% FRAMES.png

60% frames.png

90%.png