SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Synscan Usb Remote Controller Only Works if powered by a PC usb ?

Hi Everyone

Really really hope someone can help please, plugged the usb Synscan remote into the eq3 mount control box, as per instuction's and as we have in the past. All came on perfect and we were inputting the date & time, then the controller just went off ? I decided to plug it into the computer via the usb and the buttons light up ? plug in back into the skyscanner control box and nothing, 12v power is getting to the Synscan remote as we have checked the curly cable with a volt meter at the Synscan end, but the controller won't power on ? Ive attached a picture of the regulated power supply we use at 12v.

We have factory reset & re-programmed the remote via the Usb on a PC but nothing, the remote is dead when connected to the EQ3 control box.

What's gone wrong we have only used the telescope three maybe four times. It was my sons Christmas gift 6 weeks ago, we purchased from Flo. Thanks for any help or advice. it

Flo1.jpg

Flo2.jpg

Edited by Joharvey

On 20/02/2021 at 17:01, Joharvey said:

Hi Everyone

Really really hope someone can help please, plugged the usb Synscan remote into the eq3 mount control box, as per instuction's and as we have in the past. All came on perfect and we were inputting the date & time, then the controller just went off ? I decided to plug it into the computer via the usb and the buttons light up ? plug in back into the skyscanner control box and nothing, 12v power is getting to the Synscan remote as we have checked the curly cable with a volt meter at the Synscan end, but the controller won't power on ? Ive attached a picture of the regulated power supply we use at 12v.

We have factory reset & re-programmed the remote via the Usb on a PC but nothing, the remote is dead when connected to the EQ3 control box.

What's gone wrong we have only used the telescope three maybe four times. It was my sons Christmas gift 6 weeks ago, we purchased from Flo. Thanks for any help or advice. it

Its under warranty - so request a replacement under the terms of the warranty

Flow should be able to help you and resolve this without any cost.