Lunar imaging 16-2-21 in North Cornwall

AstroNebulee

It was a windy night when I set up my Skymax 127 az gti to image the early phase of the moon that I have never been able to manage before, this new set up allows me to do this, so I was eager to get something. The clouds stayed off for an hour for me to enjoy this phase. The wind was blowing the scope and the dew shield was acting as a sail and the captures were shaking a bit so lost a few of them but I'm happy with what I achieved, some are better than others.These were taken with my zwo asi120mcs and then combined with my x2 barlow for the zoomed in images.  Processed in PIPP, AS3, Registax and PS.  I found some new regions to tick off my lunar 100-200 list and will take some studying.  I'm really enjoying imaging the moon whilst I cant image the fuzzies and nebula.  Clear skies.

dslr moon 1 16-2-21.png

Edge of Mare Nectaris.png

Hercules, Atlas, Endymion 2.png

Mare Crism 16-2-21.png

Mare Crism, Fecunditias, Tranquillitatis.png

Mare Fecunditias & Mare Nectaris.png

Mare Fecunditias & Nectaris with Cauchy.png

Petavius & Mare Fecunditatis.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Nice images Lee 👍 Can be really frustrating in the windy conditions but still worth it i find 

Thank you Craig, it was definitely frustrating as not imaged this phase before, it was much better a couple of nights later.  I'm currently working on those images and looking steadier in processing.