1.5 hours on HH with F4 Photon

So this is tonights go at the HorseHead Nebula with my new f4 Photom by TS Optics.

Skies were clear then cloud then clear then cloud so ive  stacked what was worthy.

For anyone interested this is my new scope and with various helps from others Ie... Alacant and Olly Penrice, ive done a few mods to get to this point,

Im sure theres a few more, but happy so far.

Amyway around an hours data in 8 min subs plus usual darks bias etc using my OSC QHY8L with quad band filter and SuperFlat coma corrector.

Stu

horse090221.jpg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Stu Wilson said:

a few mods to get to this point

But you now have a super bright and reliable astrograph. Would you agree it was worth it? No need to answer. That image in just 60 minutes says it all!

1 hour ago, Stu Wilson said:

looking this morning with fresh eyes its too dark.

That's an interesting point; where and under what ambient lighting was the processing performed? If you did it in a room with subdued lighting, the chances are that it will emerge dark and vica versa. Indeed, it's difficult impossible to cater for a web audience viewing a .jpg on myriad un-calibrated devices and just as many different ambiences.

Excellent job in both hardware and software and good on you for sticking at it:)

Edited by alacant
  • Thanks 1

So far worth every penny 🙂

BTW guiding seemed better than normal too with guide scope now mounted on my aluminium top rail.

Just got home from work and thought I'd check collimation to see how far its wandered since last night and the answer is................... nowhere.

Bang in collimation.

another box ticked 🙂

Edited by Stu Wilson