NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASIAIR trouble

Andy Webster

I have had an ASIAIR Pro for about 2 months now, and so far have not been able to control my Skywatcher EQ6R pro with it. I am using a 5th gen ipad, and have an uncooled ZWO294, and a ZWO120 mm guide camera. I have been successful using all of the main camera functions. I have been successful using the polar alignment function. After some plugging and unplugging and plugging in again, I have the ASIAIR say it is connected with the mount, and can see the control interface and object list, but no amount of button pushing will make it slew. The hand control on the mount says “both axis’s non responsive”. Somebody throw me a bone.🤪

Thanks for the input guys. I called OPT and had a discussion with tech, and was going to try whatever he said, but he had nothing. I finally changed mount name from Synscan to EQ mod, and baud rate from 9600 to 115200. Plugged USB directly from ASIAIR to EQ6R pro without hand control. Everything works great, and I can’t wait for clear skies here in Savannah, Georgia.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to realize the full potential of my ASIAIR this past Tuesday might. It was a joy to work with, although I still have some settings to juggle on the phd program. I was able to get a couple of good captures. These are stacks of 150 second exposures at 135 gain on my ZWO294 uncooled. 12 frames on M1 and 5 frames on M82. I also used darks and bias, no flats.

66DA3C73-00C0-45B2-920D-8D125E02596C.jpeg

3CBF2CA9-772E-4D92-8D0C-F46CD9C339DF.jpeg

• Like 1