Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 & M104

Nigeyboy

Hi all,

First off, I'm a long term viewer of these image forums. Some of the images you all submit are truly amazing! I'm no where near able to take shots like this yet - don't even have a motorised mount yet, but I'm slooooowly saving up for one!!

I have been furloughed for Lockdown 3.0, and while I sit with my son while he home schools, I have been working through various online courses. One of them is on the OU, and part of the course allows use of their COAST telescope in Tenerife. Its a 14" Celestron on a 10Micron GM4000 mount. Camera is a Proline KAF-09000. I have carried out a few single exposure shots, and here are the results:

M13

M13.JPG.6d368feed78406321cfd4a65a76440bd.JPG

This is a single 2 minute exposure. No real editing done other than contrast tweaks.

M104

2093329492_M104(2).JPG.2cc6ff572fb3e2178284e0ebf93522f5.JPG

Again, a single 2 minute shot with some tweaks to contrast.

I'm really happy with them - given that they are single exposures, a lot of details is visible. Hopefully I can get some more data on M104 to allow some basic stacking. It certainly has lite the touch paper . . . . . just need that mount lol!

Thank all

Nige

• Like 6