NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Going from DSLR to a cooled OSC

Shimonu

It doesn't quite fit the budget yet to jump to a cooled OSC but I wanted to get some input on what to think about. Right now I've got a Canon 700D modified with a WO Z73 including flattener. I know I should make sure the pixel size and focal length are a good combination.

Would the back focus be wrong after just swapping? The WO Z73 has an adjustable flattener, could this be used to adapt to any change?

I've had my eye on the IMX533 sensor which seems to have pretty good specs at a good price, just not sure which brand yet. What things should I check or will I need to keep in mind when changing cameras?

Thanks

If you buy the ZWO ASI533MC version, a number of spacers come with it to make replacing a Canon DSLR very simple. The pixel size is not very different from the Canon although the sensor size is just 11mm square so a somewhat reduced FOV.

• Like 1