NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heritage150p collimation

Hi all,

Another collimation question here.

My Heritage dob seems to require a bit of twiddling,  which I suppose is unsurprising given the collapsible nature of the telescope. I haven't touched the secondary at all but I've moved the primary a bit to centre the dot I see through my collimation cap. My question is, is there a point at which the mirror will fall out if I unscrew the adjusters too far? I.e. what would happen if/when I reached the end of the thread?

Pete

26 minutes ago, Orange Smartie said:

Hi all,

Another collimation question here.

My Heritage dob seems to require a bit of twiddling,  which I suppose is unsurprising given the collapsible nature of the telescope. I haven't touched the secondary at all but I've moved the primary a bit to centre the dot I see through my collimation cap. My question is, is there a point at which the mirror will fall out if I unscrew the adjusters too far? I.e. what would happen if/when I reached the end of the thread?

Pete

Just tighten them all up snug, not really tight. Back them all off a turn equally- this will put you near the middle of travel and allow some nice primary tweaking.IMHO

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Orange Smartie said:

Thanks, that's a sensible way to do it. I have recollimated using that method just now.

I find that after many collimations of any of my newts that things can kind of get out of whack, adjuster wise. This method has always worked for me and am glad it worked for you..

• Like 1