Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

explore scientific ed 80 focus rotation

Dave2292

hello again, just wondering who has used this scope before and what they done to be able to rotate the focus all the way as currently i cannot as the focus knobs hit the mount (heq5 pro).

is it just a case of getting some tube rings and finding the best spot for them to hold the scope, or maybe making the scope sit higher?

any help is always appreciated 

cheers

If I understand you correctly, I had a similar problem with my scope.  I couldn't sit it forward enough to balance it.  After many many weeks of considering this and looking at expensive replacement tube rings and the corresponding spacers I ran across a thread with a simple solution.  

Essentially, I purchased a couple of longer hex bolts and a bag of M6 metal washers from Screwfix and used these as spacers between the dovetail and tube rings.  I have had not issues and can now balance without compromising anything.  

Edited by Snoani

7 hours ago, Snoani said:

If I understand you correctly, I had a similar problem with my scope.  I couldn't sit it forward enough to balance it.  After many many weeks of considering this and looking at expensive replacement tube rings and the corresponding spacers I ran across a thread with a simple solution.  

Essentially, I purchased a couple of longer hex bolts and a bag of M6 metal washers from Screwfix and used these as spacers between the dovetail and tube rings.  I have had not issues and can now balance without compromising anything.  

Yeh almost what I'm on about, as the current dovetail that comes with the es ed80 means when it's perfectly balanced, the focus can't be rotated. 

Might try some washers or something similar.