Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASIair Pro power supply.

Can somebody more knowledgeable than me please have a scan over this PSU and tell me if it’s suitable please? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adaptor-100-240V-Adapter-Monitors-Amplifier/dp/B07LDKZPWP/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=12+volt+power+supply+5+amp&qid=1610459966&sr=8-3

The specs seem to match up regarding adapter size, and power output, but not confident enough to be certain. The manual suggests 12v @5amps which this seems to do.

I will be purchasing a Celestron power bank when I can afford to.  This is just to get me up and running.

Many thanks :)

Edit: If the one linked is inappropriate in any way, I’m all ears for an alternative.

Edited by Ande
Omission

8 hours ago, Ande said:

Thanks Richard. At least I’m on the right track :)

I actually powered mine for a bit with 8 AA rechargeable batteries but they’ll only last a couple of hours, then I realised I had an old Maplin DC power supply in a drawer, a bit like the one in your link. It just needs to be 12V DC with a minimum of 3amps, 5amps if you’re using the sockets and or running something juicy through it, (and positive tip polarity). I’ve now got a Celestron Lithium Power tank, a Christmas present 😀

Edited by Scooot

Cheers Richard. I actually ended up ordering a different one, as the one I originally linked was 2.5mm, not 2.1mm. Said something about “it would also fit a 2.1mm”, but I thought that sounded a bit flakey.  How are you enjoying your Lithium Power Tank? I’ve got my eye on one of those ;)

6 minutes ago, Ande said:

Cheers Richard. I actually ended up ordering a different one, as the one I originally linked was 2.5mm, not 2.1mm. Said something about “it would also fit a 2.1mm”, but I thought that sounded a bit flakey.  How are you enjoying your Lithium Power Tank? I’ve got my eye on one of those ;)

Well, I’ve only had a chance to use it once, but it was much better than using an extension lead 😀I’m upgrading my mount and camera soon so I wanted portable power that could handle it all.