Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette Nebula - HOO - Zenithstar 73 II

Taman

I took the H-alpha in November as a test of my new scope and camera and have just had the first clear night since then to finally get some Oiii.

I was wondering why the subs were a bit noisy and the darks that I took in November weren't working. I discovered that the gain on the ASI294MM Pro was accidently set to 400 instead of 126 unity gain! This hasn't harmed the image and I'm wondering what gain other people use with this camera and narrowband?

Modified HOO palette. 30 x 360s each H-alpha and Oiii, with darks, flats and dark flats. 

Total exposure time 6 hours.

Thanks for looking!

Rosette.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MARS1960 said:

Very nice indeed.

I keep looking at that ZS73 II but the issue with balance concerning the dovetail and focus lock screw (I'd be hanging a DSLR off it) worries me.

Thanks Mark!

I've not even thought about locking the focus as it stays where it's put! I don't have that problem, as I bought it to piggy-back on the SCT and have a small counterweight at the top end of the Celestron tube.

Tony.

1 minute ago, Taman said:

Thanks Mark!

I've not even thought about locking the focus as it stays where it's put! I don't have that problem, as I bought it to piggy-back on the SCT and have a small counterweight at the top end of the Celestron tube.

Tony.

Thanks Tony.

I'm sure a simple solution for me would be to find a couple of risers like Altair Astro did with their 72 EDF.

Or just buy the 72 EDF lol.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MARS1960 said:

Thanks Tony.

I'm sure a simple solution for me would be to find a couple of risers like Altair Astro did with their 72 EDF.

Or just buy the 72 EDF lol.

I think FLO may have what you're looking for? You'd have to check they're compatible.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/search/for/dovetail spacers/ 

Tony.

• Like 1