NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Was surpised what 44 minutes could bring

alan potts

The other day I shot 3 and half hours on Sh2-205 and 6, both in the same wide field of view at F4.3, so fairly fast. I was most disappointed with what I was able to process from the data. To finish the night I shot 11x4minuts on the Cone Nebula, I realise they are completely different targets, but was shocked by how well the Cone came out, can't wait to add to the data but weather is poor here.

50x4minutes with flats, darks and dark flats, dithered too. Borg 77mm ED ll F4.3

1855193698_Sh2205and6.thumb.jpg.beaf4fa64e07805bb6e56507e14f8625.jpg

11x4minuts same cal frames also dithered same scope.

Starless.thumb.jpg.edeb74a473b3762d83440a3e0ae91db5.jpg

Thanks for looking and feel free to offer advice, even if it's only buy a gradient software.

Alan

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Iceman120 said:

Great images Alan.

For gradient software there is a plug in for photoshop if you have it but it costs 60 dollars.

GradientXTerminator (rc-astro.com)

There is a free trial though

Yes I understand that Iceman but I do not like to use credit cards on the net, or anywhere for that matter as I had mine copied once in HongKong. I am going to look at the Pixel Processor with an intent to buy this I believe has a gradient tool included. I can do gradients with PS on many images but wide field like this is very difficult, or at least I don't know of way. I personally feel $ 60 for a plug in is rather steep, no matter how good it may be.

Alan