Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Filter recommendations

Endolf

Hi

I've got myself down for the QHY268M when it comes in via modern astronomy. I've been using an ASI1600MM till now with ZWO's 36mm filters. I'm looking at 2" filters to go in to a QHY filter wheel, full LRGB + narrowband, so 7 filters. I replaced the Lum filter from the ZWO set with an Astronomik CLS CCD on my existing setup for broadband to try and cut through some of the light pollution and was thinking of doing the same sort of thing (a light pollution filter instead of Lum) in the new wheel.

I've been looking at the options, I'd like to just kit it out with all Astronomik filters, for a better chance of getting parfocal (both of my scopes have an EAF, so not essential). The Astronomik 6nm filters at 2" is best part of £500 each, so I'm looking for other options.

I've thought about getting the Astronomik CLS CCD plus RGB and the ZWO narrowband (1/2 the price). I've looked at Optolong, but they are only 80% transmission, instead of 90% for ZWO, and part of the reason for the new camera is the better QE.

Are there any other "budget" brand filters worth looking at?, anyone got any bad experiences with any of these options?, or anything that worked surprisingly well for the price point?

Thanks

Sorry, just realised there is a similar thread already for LRGB filters for this camera too. My bad.

Edited by Endolf

For anyone finding this post in future, QHY have added extra adapters so the 36mm filter wheel can be attached, so I've gone for the Astronomik deep sky RGB set, the CLS CCD as a Lum filter and their 6nm narrowband. Sounds like the camera should arrive towards the end of next week or the week after. Hopefully the filters will be here before then.