HaRGB Horse- Can anyone help remove huge reflection/ halos

I’m wondering if anyone has a method to remove  these horrible halos in photoshop? They are caused by my HA filter (camera ASI1600), a well known issue. My RGB image and colour looks ok but as soon as I paste the Ha as a luminance layer the halos and background take on a garish purple blue colour and tint that I can’t control. It’s also limiting how vibrant I can make the red/pink of the nebula. Anyone got some good tips?

A08435F5-AF6A-4698-89FB-0F75D61431BF.jpeg

Edited by Icesheet

You could take the stars out  using starnet++ and paste the rgb stars back in ..  looks like  halo rather than the micro lens effect that the 1600 usually produces

Personally I think this pretty good level/ blend of colour, I'm not fond of over vivid/saturated images.. You need,a image to make you look deeper not have to avert your eyes...less is more as a good friend says

Edited by newbie alert
Added info
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I have never used starnet actually but I will definitely give that a try. Yeah those halos are from the Ha filter but I can see micro lens effect in the RGB although that is a lot less intrusive than the halos. 

I also don’t like to overcook it but I think this just needs a little more. I’ll see how it turns out after trying starnet.