Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

12 v 16 inch dobs upgraded to DEFCON 2

adamsp123

I am now thinking of getting a light bucket before all the prices go way up due to the weak pound, I put money on (£1) that some of the rises might be around 20%.

Soooo..... I think from a practicality point of view I will have to limit to a Dob to 12" and of the flextube type.

SW or Meade?? probably the Skywatcher unless anyone can convince me otherwise.

I nearly went for a Celestron 9.25 on ebay but missed it maybe that was good luck but I like the idea of having a smaller- large scope to fit between a Dob and my 120ED.

Buying now because life is too short and the pound is almost Monopoly money so prices will rise.

If you want flextube then Skywatcher is the only option, if you want truss-tube there's Meade, Orion and others. Skywatcher is cheaper.

I just got a flextube and still haven't had a chance to do much observing with it but so far I'm happy with it. Meade Lightbridge also gets good reports but what swung it for me was the fast set up of the flextube.

I have the skywatcher 12" (solid tube variety tho) and have been extremely pleased with it. The views are simply staggering compared to what I was used to with my 6" refractor beforehand... the optics should be identical with the flextube variety so it should perform equally as well...

Can't comment on the Meade's although I've only ever heard good things about them

regards,

Alex

Archived