My fairly unimpressive Jup/Sat photo complete with (mildly) interesting story.

MKHACHFE

Hi all.

I hope you all were lucky enough to witness this gorgeous celestial event. In the SE UK, its been cloudy and raining for pretty much 2 months. The weather leading up to the 21st looked VERY bleak. And yet...and yet, yesterday the skies cleared entirely for 3 hours at just the right time to see the planets.

I was so mesmerised by the sight that, as well as pointing it out to the many Amazon delivery guys turning up to deliver to us and our neighbours that i didn't think about taking a photo.  When i did, they were sadly behind a tree, so, i grab y tripod and DSLR and hot foot it up the country road behind our house, dodging cars and delivery drivers....ACK..nowhere to set up, so i broke the law and hopped a fence into a farmers field and ran into the middle, setup, snapped a few shots and ran off expecting to hear "GET OFF MY LAND!"

I did say, the story was only mildly interesting. Sorry. Anyway, what exceptional luck to get clear skies for just the right time, and today, its been raining all day again.  Im annoyed that i took the photo so late and they are so low in the sky, but hey, its witnessing the event that counts the most.

The downside to all this? I decided to dell my XT8 3 days before i heard about this event. It would have been amazing to see through it. Oh well. 

I tried to show the cute girl who works at the Co-op, but she wasn't that interested. No one tell my wife 😉

Thanks for reading and have a great xmas everyone (well, as good as we can under the circustances)

jupiter_saturn_conjuction_201220_mkhachfe.jpg

• Like 4