Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

timer remote control for a Canon EOS1000D

adamsp123

As promised here is the details for the Canon 1000D remote timer I purchased from Hong Kong.

Aputure Timer Remote C1 for Canon 400D 450D RS-60E3 R8A as sold on ebay.... and 1000D

I ordered this on the 16th Jan arrived today, the company has an excellent tracking system.

The device is a skoosh to use, even my mum might be able to use it....well maybe not!

4 "mode" settings to set

1) initial delay

2)set interval time ie shutter closed

3) set length of time for shutter open

4) number of exposures

press start!

button for back lighting of display

£33 quid all in - alot cheaper than Canon timer.

Hardest part was finding out in the camera instruction manual how to set it to operate correctly using this device....well... set camera to manual mode (M) and using dial just behind the shutter release button rotate dial till you see bulb on the rear display....job done and it works!! :(

pete

Pete, they work really really well, just be aware that if you set the camera to anything other than bulb, then the timer remote and camera will get out of sync, I don't know why. I also found that not leaving enough interval time could get things out of step. The interval time needed to allow the image preview to clear.

thanks for posting. this is exactly what I'm looking for.

What's the build quality like?

Can I confirm its this page on ebay you're talking about?

Also, can you confirm if the remote can be used as a simple shutter release switch too?

EDIT: duh... I guess you would just set the exposure number to 1...

I might just have to get one....

Archived