NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31 in team work

GiorgioF

As usual, team work pay.

Data gathering and calibration in one side, final post processing in another, four hands works better than only two.

Thank to Mirko Tondinelli for the processing support, here the Queen of the sky, Andromeda galaxy.

15 hours under a bortle 8 sky with an 80ed and ASI 1600mono.

Whenever constructive criticism, always welcome.

M31.jpg

• Like 21

22 minutes ago, tomato said:

Wonderful M31, great detail on the dust lanes. On my IPad there is a very slight magenta colour to the background, that’s the only adjustment I can suggest.

That’s odd because I have the same effect on my iPad too, but it is only slight, guess it’s an iPad thing.
I have to say when I first scrolled down to the image it was a WOW! moment, followed by OMG! Next came a long, hard look as I lost myself among the dust lanes and then the countless stars. Those blue star fields seen around the outer ring look totally amazing. Congratulations, a brilliant image by any standards.

EDIT: Did I see it was a Bortle 8 sky??? Good heavens!

Edited by Moonshed

23 hours ago, tomato said:

Wonderful M31, great detail on the dust lanes. On my IPad there is a very slight magenta colour to the background, that’s the only adjustment I can suggest.

Thank you tomato for the suggestion. I will take a better look on it and see if maybe there is room for some better color calibration.

23 hours ago, Moonshed said:

That’s odd because I have the same effect on my iPad too, but it is only slight, guess it’s an iPad thing.
I have to say when I first scrolled down to the image it was a WOW! moment, followed by OMG! Next came a long, hard look as I lost myself among the dust lanes and then the countless stars. Those blue star fields seen around the outer ring look totally amazing. Congratulations, a brilliant image by any standards.

EDIT: Did I see it was a Bortle 8 sky??? Good heavens!

Moonshed, ashamed of so big review of the image.

Yes, I'm under a bortle 8 sky and this is my first time to perform an RGB image.

Usually I do narrowband due to heavy light pollution (and sky little foggy +high humidity). This project was great for learning about my setup. I'm proud in saying no one light was trash due to bad tracking or focusing problem. This alone is a big success for me.

I'm planning now to get the h alpha and bring up as much as possible detail and structure that emit in this wavelength.

If the gods of weather will allow me....

Again thank you. I wish I can post again similar results.

6 minutes ago, GiorgioF said:

Moonshed, ashamed of so big review of the image.

Yes, I'm under a bortle 8 sky and this is my first time to perform an RGB image.

Usually I do narrowband due to heavy light pollution (and sky little foggy +high humidity). This project was great for learning about my setup. I'm proud in saying no one light was trash due to bad tracking or focusing problem. This alone is a big success for me.

I'm planning now to get the h alpha and bring up as much as possible detail and structure that emit in this wavelength.

If the gods of weather will allow me....

Again thank you. I wish I can post again similar results.

Hi GiorgioF, I have to say I am looking forward to seeing your next image using an h alpha filter. As you say it is a matter of everything all coming together, good seeing, good tracking, good pa, accurate focusing and a ton of luck!
Clear skies!

• Like 1