Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A work in progress, M33

rob_r

Hi, last weekend offered up a clear night so starting imaging M33. Still got quite a few more frames to collect at the moment and very much a work in progress.
So far, this is at 70x 30s lights, 20x darks and 20x bias all with an unmodded Canon 600D at ISO800 which seems to be the sweet spot setting for ISO for this camera. Nothing else in between the camera and my 127mm Mak. This is first time using a Bahtinov mask and gained focus on nearby Mars before switching upwards towards Triangulum. All stacked in DSS but had to drop the star detection threshold quite low as the light frames only have a few stars visible. Essentially, I'm flying blind with this one as I cannot see it through the eyepiece or on live view. But, next time I know to look out for the triangle of stars towards the top left of the image. The image is a quick edit and still quite noisy but some details are beginning to show through. Hopefully, more frames will reveal more details. Any advice on progressing this further would be appreciated.

autosave.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice result for such short exposure times. I think that in order for you to get more out of this, you will have to increase the exposure time per sub a lot. With 30 seconds, you're probably not clearing the read noise floor enough.