Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Clear Night!

WiltsStarGazer

44 minutes ago, WiltsStarGazer said:

Can people please stop buying new kit so I can play with mine! 😁

With the weather being so bad I don’t think you need to worry too much about people buying new kit, most of us have taken up temporary alternative hobbies during the hours of darkness, such as sleeping for example.

• Like 1

I thought from the thread title you'd enjoyed a clear night. I was going to say "congratulations - send us all one, please!"

I managed a quick eyes-only peek through a gap in the clouds about a week ago, caught a view of Mars and a hazy Moon. It was looking quite promising for the clouds to roll away. Half an hour later, change of thoughts as all I can see is the orange glow of the nearby city-centre LP on the low, 100% cloud. It's about 6 weeks since I last saw any actual stars!

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 09:33, Moonshed said:

With the weather being so bad I don’t think you need to worry too much about people buying new kit, most of us have taken up temporary alternative hobbies during the hours of darkness, such as sleeping for example.

Unfortunately I think a lot of people's alternative hobby is surfing the net and buying new kit, which obviously makes the cloud gods angry!☁️🌩️☁️

On 10/12/2020 at 11:48, wulfrun said:

I thought from the thread title you'd enjoyed a clear night. I was going to say "congratulations - send us all one, please!"

I managed a quick eyes-only peek through a gap in the clouds about a week ago, caught a view of Mars and a hazy Moon. It was looking quite promising for the clouds to roll away. Half an hour later, change of thoughts as all I can see is the orange glow of the nearby city-centre LP on the low, 100% cloud. It's about 6 weeks since I last saw any actual stars!

That's why I put it in the wanted section!😁 

I managed a couple of early evening half hours before the clouds rolled in about two weeks ago.

Fortunately I have all the kit to hand in the garage and a reasonably dark back garden, especially now the council have kindly changed the sodium street lights to LEDs. 😁 

Frustrating, the clearest skies I have seen for weeks have been when I'm going to work in the mornings.