Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What am I doing wrong with Siril?

Hi all I've  just started with siril but require help!.....have loaded and stacked lights,darks,flats,biases but they are 32bit files,have got an image on screen with all the channels and RGB etc but when I try to use the colour calibration tool it's greyed out and can't use it but can use most of the other commands,do I have to start again but convert all the files to 16bit first and then run it all again? Thanks Ash.

Screenshot (3).png

• 1 month later...
On 09/12/2020 at 15:50, Anonymous Astronomer said:

Hello,

You can only use it on one of the individual channels (R,G or B ).

Here is a nice video about image processing that also includes SiriL.

Cheers,
Vlad 

Hi.  I've used the video you linked to and it is well presented.  I have scripted the steps that Scott made in the clip.  I've attached these as a PDF document.

SirilWorkflow.pdf

• Like 1

18 hours ago, savcom said:

Hi.  I've used the video you linked to and it is well presented.  I have scripted the steps that Scott made in the clip.  I've attached these as a PDF document.

SirilWorkflow.pdf 697.58 kB · 3 downloads

Hi thanks for the help.......I've managed to get Siril working by downloading version 0.9.12 which has the DSLR scripts which I have processed my first attemptat  imaging of The Andromeda Galaxy,I've posted the image here....I'm very happy with the result even tho there was a bright moon light!

Ash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrZuiko said:

Hi thanks for the help.......I've managed to get Siril working by downloading version 0.9.12 which has the DSLR scripts which I have processed my first attemptat  imaging of The Andromeda Galaxy,I've posted the image here....I'm very happy with the result even tho there was a bright moon light!

Ash.

I'll take a look.  Where did you post it?

Was the guide I did helpful?  It's helped me remember what order to do things in if nothing else.

My first light for my Altair 72EDF refractor was processed using Siril and finished in GIMP (it was stacked in DSS, however)  I posted it here

Edited by savcom

Hi nice image of M42 really great colours etc...I posted the image of M31 on this forum   Image Processing, Help and Techniques  titled "My first attempt photographing M31 Andromeda galaxy! "

It's a work in progress while learning Siril and of course to have a moonless sky! I know I can do better next time as I think that the sky is too dark but still happy I managed to get the image with only 12 minutes of exposure time!

Ash.

Ash.