Pacman colour rendition

Ken82

Im still playing around with the colour rendition of my pacman and not sure what looks best. 

I wanted to add a third colour into the mix of the standard orange/blue hubble palette. Any thoughts ? What do others do? 

Im still thinking the standard bicolour is a nicer rendition than tricolour. 

crop.png

pacgreen.png

pacred.png

• Like 5

I sometimes end up with the same dilemma. I do a first run, then decide that the image needs this and that to make it better and then do a second version. I now have two renditions - can't decide which I like best.....so I may just mix the two. (Quite easy in PixInsight - not sure how that would work for you). Of the above....my inclination would be to mix the top and middle images (50/50 to start with)....just to see  👀. I like the top one best....but I would like to see just a hint of green in it.

A very nice working of the Pacman Ken.  I think I like the 2nd one best with a good dollop of green. 

If  you look at the Hubble Pillars of Creation image you will find plenty of green.  My puritan view is that there should be some green left in the image because this indicates the presence of hydrogen!!  Aesthetically I think most people prefer the blue and gold  and I don't always stick to my own rules!  I always agonise about how much green to leave and have just completed a Soul Neb and have all but eliminated the green.  Then you have saturation...

I suppose the great thing about NB is that you can do what you darned well want!