Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CLS filter shadow

Hi all, I seem to be having a problem when using my CLS filter attached to my Canon EOS 800D and Samyang 14mm f2/8 lens , I get a rectangular shadow that appears on a sub moves on the next then disappears then reappears.  I have fitted the CLS without the mirror up as you tube and the like don`t say to do. Its becoming frustrating so anyone know what`s going on ?

IMG-9903.thumb.jpg.05b834878f330f8e6cbe0f7094f1320a.jpg

Found what`s wrong sort of. Took off the lens and CLS filter and pressed shutter...it appears to be part of the mechanism in front of the sensor that is sticking. I thought it was a contaminant so tried to shake it out ...I then decided to get a pair of pincers to grab it and remove it....Not realising it was part of a bigger part of pieces....needless to say now its not as bad as before but not better, seems i have a faulty camera that needs repairing...If i ever own something that can go wrong it does...

22 minutes ago, stevenson166 said:

Found what`s wrong sort of. Took off the lens and CLS filter and pressed shutter...it appears to be part of the mechanism in front of the sensor that is sticking. I thought it was a contaminant so tried to shake it out ...I then decided to get a pair of pincers to grab it and remove it....Not realising it was part of a bigger part of pieces....needless to say now its not as bad as before but not better, seems i have a faulty camera that needs repairing...If i ever own something that can go wrong it does...

It’s just the way it is with astronomy, if it can go wrong it will. Only a couple of  weeks ago I got ready to get some decent images of Mars using my new ZWO camera. I had to move all my gear from my dedicated shed in the back garden where I leave it all set up and ready to go and move it all to my front garden from where I could see Mars. I have never had to do this before and it was quite exhausting moving it all it by bit, too heavy for one big lift! I had the dew heater plugged in two hours prior to observing, had it PoleMaster PA aligned to perfection, had it focussed with the Bhatinov mask, had it two star aligned, dew shield fitted, laptop up and running on the table and I was ready to go! The sky was clear, no moon, everything was perfect. Found Mars and centred it on the screen, perfect, and just as I was setting up FireCapture to start recording I was suddenly flood lit!  My neighbour has a security light that comes on at a certain time each night, and I had forgotten all about it, never took any notice to be honest. 
I could not bring myself to ask her to turn it off, she suffers very poor health and would be in bed by then.
I was a tad disappointed.

C’est la vie!

Keith

• Like 1