NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC1333 area in 8 panels (joins included!)

fwm891

This was shot last night (22-11-2020) as 8 panels. Each panel 6x 300s. The moon then cloud played havoc with processing which has taken pretty much all day today to get to this state. I need to re shoot tis with a moonless night (Hopes!).

Camera ASi 533, scope RASA8, processed in PI (8 individual stacks no calibration frames), assembly in PS CS3.

Sorry about some of the joins - must try harder (no where have I heard that before...?)

ngc1333x8-layers copy.jpg

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, gorann said:

PS. I think I see some green cast - maybe you could try to give it a dose of SCNR-green in PI.

Thanks Goran, the green cast came about in PS while trying to 'match' the indiviadual panels before flattening the layers. I had attacked the panels with SCNR before saving as tiffs to transfer into PS but the image really needs some calibration subs, flats especially. Moonless clear skies - I can dream can't I ?

• Like 1

I agree with Olly - the RASA and your new CMOS camera should be able to pick up a bit more colour - maybe you have been too gentle in the processing, but then if you are fighting gradients it may not be easy.