NEQ6 or APT

astro mick

Hi.

Recently when my mount has crossed the Meridan,and i have to reset to guide on the East side,the scope now virtually verticle,i,m encountering problems.

Using APT i goto my object which it does,and as i say the scope is now pointing vericle,i then try to plate solve,which again it does ok with Blind solve.

When i click on GOTO ++ the scope slews but doesnt indicate it settles,it just changes to C and then takes an image.Instead of points i get slight streaks,as if the scope is still moving.

I hit GOTO++ again,and i get a notice Please engage Tracking!!!!!!!!!,which it should already be doing.

If i abandon and instruct the scope to return to its home position,nothing happens for about 20secs,as if its struggling ,then suddenly it does return.

I,ve only got about 8Kg of weight on the EQ6,so well within its limit.

I dont know if its a mount problem or a APT.

iI should add that when the scope is at a more reasonable angle,it all works ok.

It does indicate a mount problem.

Any ideas.

Hopefully Mick.