A bit confused......

paul mc c

Hello all,my set up when imaging is,APT,PHD2, ASCOM and CdC......which all works,last night for the first time i had a go at APT mount control,which worked well,now my question is,i know this might be daft but do i still use a guide scope ect as phd didn't seem to work,or do i not use phd at all.

Paul

Hi Paul. You would still use PHD if you're guiding and it would also connect to the mount through ASCOM. 

My experience using that same software list is with a SkyWatcher mount. The only issue I've seen with the first bit of software connecting to the mount then the next one not is when one has been "Run as" Administrator and the other not. 

When I use Apt I run everything natively - no run as Administrator. 

When I use another bit of software, it's set to launch as Administrator so I let it open PHD2 and CdC itself - also elevated (i.e. as Administrator)

Not sure if the above helps? Does PHD just give you an error on mount connection?