SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Stone Refurb

nephilim

After posing a question on here last week for recommended specs for a laptop that would be suitable for controlling my AP setup, a couple of members suggested I go for a refurbished one which I hadn't thought of. This saved me a couple of hundred ££ straight away so well done SGL. Ive only just got back to the forum after a long break & already i'm benefitting from the been a member 😃

After a bit of research I came across the above online store (Stone Refurb) & after reading consistently good feedback from past customers, a good range of reasonably priced laptops & the choice of upgrading certain parts (HDD to SSD, 4GB RAM to 8GB etc)
After choosing the one I thought would suit my needs best https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-ProBook-640-G2-Notebook-Review.171216.0.html I went to 'checkout' & bought it. THEN to my horror 🤣 I spotted too late a 'Halloween' discount promo that they were doing on all purchases, 13% off & as the laptop with upgrades was £302, this would have taken it down to around £264, a saving of £38, so not just pennies.

I decided to email them (This was a Sunday evening so I wouldnt here back until the next day at the earliest, if at all or so I thought) explaining what had happened but added that I assumed the discount would be taken automatically 🤫.  If I was to get a reply, I expected it to be along the lines of, it cant be altered after the transaction etc. At around 9:30am today saw an email from a nice person called  Alex who informed me that that wasnt a problem & they had refunded it as soon as they received my email.

So with my faith in human nature restored & feeling a little less cynical about online shopping for second hand goods, I highly recommend this place for refurbished IT equipment. The proof will obviously be in the end result when I receive the laptop, ive gone for 48hr delivery with DHL so it should be here by Wed at the very latest & i'll post the results in the Astro lounge once ive checked it over.

Steve